The Amazon ranking algorithm (often referred to as A9 Algorithm) is an organic product ranking algorithm that Amazon employs to choose which products to rank in order to deliver the best results for its customers. In contrast to ASINs that are merely loaded with keywords, the system will give high-performing ASINs priority.
Amazon’s algorithm is reminiscent of the one Google uses for finding search results; this is because Amazon also displays its result based on keyword searches as well as a few other factors such as Sales Conversions. Hence, Amazon will rank listings based on those items with a high conversion rate and good reviews.
Sixty to Seventy percent of internet visitors won’t go past the first page of listings, so it is crucial for businesses to show up on the first page of Amazon search engine results.
How do product rankings on Amazon work?
There are many different ways in which an online shopper looks for products, so there is also no way to outline what Amazon’s algorithm does when targeting customer queries. As such, a seller needs to consider factors like keyword relevance, sales velocity, and product availability in order for them to make it through the rankings.
Amazon’s ranking algorithms automatically learn to interpret many different factors and look at the past searches of people who are interested in a certain product. A product with a strong sales history or one that has done well in past searches will rank higher on Amazon’s search engine.
As such, in order to keep up with changes in the amazon and e-commerce industry, a seller should know the main ranking factors taken as input into the Amazon A10 Algorithm.
The Amazon A10 Algorithm: What is it and is it an update?
The A9 Algorithm is used by Amazon to determine the ranking of products in search results. It evaluates the relevance of search results based on keywords so that the most relevant results are displayed at the top. By utilizing the A9 Algorithm, Amazon ensures that customers are presented with the most relevant products for their search.
Unlike A9, which seemed to prioritize keywords, advertising, and text match, A10 appears to prioritize customer experience above all else.
There are discussions on the internet concerning whether or not the A10 Algorithm has been implemented by Amazon. While it has modified its algorithm, there is still no official documentation of an update from A9 to A10.
The modification aims to make certain the products a seller sells match up with the customer’s search query based on keyword relevancy, rapid sales growth, and high conversion rates.
Principal Elements Impacting the A10 Algorithm
- Relevant Search Keywords:
- One of the most important elements of the Amazon product description page is the keywords. Although profitable keywords are still an important product ranking factor, the focus has now shifted toward how relevant the products are and what potential customers are looking for.
- Product Sales Velocity
- The algorithm wants to monitor a steady stream of product searches, views, and purchases. The more products a seller sells, the higher their products will rank. Products with lots of impressions but few purchases will not be ranked by Amazon.
- Amazon ranks all of its products based on how it performs against competitors within the same category. A seller can find this statistic when looking at the Product Details.
- Product Price
- An Amazon seller can heavily affect the conversion rate and sales performance of their product with proper pricing. If sellers price their products appropriately, then the conversion rate will benefit accordingly. Be sure to research at what prices other sellers are competing with similar products on and off of Amazon.
- Click-Through Rate
- The click-through rate (CTR) for a product means how many people on the search results page click through to that specific item. The higher the CTR, the better chance an item will be found quickly when looking for it on Amazon.
- CTR can be one of the most important Amazon keyword ranking factors for determining how well your product ranks on Amazon’s search engine. Amazon determines that the listing is not pertinent to the search query if no one clicks on it.
- Product Sales History
- When it comes to placement in the organic search results, Amazon considers all of a seller’s sales history.
- If products are selling well on Amazon, they will show up first in a relevant search. This means those products are of high quality or have been selling well for a significant amount of time.
- Sales Conversion Rate
- If an Amazon Listing has a lot of views/impressions but doesn’t translate into sales, this will cause Amazon to see this as problematic. The algorithm won’t prioritize that Listing and show it to potential customers because they want to ensure a sale will occur.
- The percentage of website visitors who clicked on the product detail page and then made a purchase from the seller has also a major impact on the seller’s business ranking.
- Seller Authority
- Amazon pays close attention to its sellers’ activity in the marketplace, such as ratings, feedback, performance metrics, and fulfillment methods because these factors are intimately connected with customer satisfaction.
- A significant increase in the seller’s authority indicates that the customers are getting a good deal from the seller.
- Reviews of Customers
- Product reviews continue to be a key determining element in rankings. Positive reviews in great numbers provide social validation for the product and support the Amazon A10 algorithm’s decision to rank it higher in search results.
How can I improve my Amazon Ranking using the A10 Algorithm?
- Try creating your product listing in a compelling style that draws customers in rather than cramming the titles and descriptions with the best-performing keywords.
- To fill in any of your missing attributes, download and complete a Category Listing Report or head to the Listing Quality Dashboard for quick fixes.
- In a timely and efficient manner, respond to inquiries from clients and deal with any pertinent problems or grievances.
- Keep an eye on the inventory at all times to have products available for purchase so that you don’t miss out on potential revenue.
- Discounts and promotions are now a more difficult approach to going up the rankings. Amazon has started to remove these listings, which have numerous discounts and offers.
- Keeping your product at a competitive price point.
- Use A+ Content to make your listing more attractive.
- By Uploading informative videos that emphasize the advantages of your product.
- To increase traffic and conversions, Amazon product listings must be optimized.
- Get reviews of your goods from well-known bloggers or small-time influencers.
- Diversify your advertising strategy and allocate some of it to other forms of media outside Amazon. This will generate additional traffic to your products which will boost sales.
We trust that this blog post has helped you understand the Amazon Algorithm and how it works better. If you want to compete with other sellers on Amazon, make sure you work hard on optimizing your product listing and increasing its ranking.
Is your Amazon listing optimized? Look no further than StaffCloud.net!
- StaffCloud Services (Formerly known as PHP Workshop) provides you with a comprehensive range of Amazon product management services including keyword research, Product listing, and Listing optimization.
- Improving product visibility and discoverability on Amazon requires effective product classification. To ensure that your customers can locate and access the desired product page quickly and easily, our skilled Amazon listing development team will precisely sort and categorize your products and create an efficient taxonomy. Your customers will have a simple time shopping because of our expertise in product classification, and your products will be seen by as many people as possible.
- We offer an array of services including uploading product images and videos and maintaining Amazon image upload standards. We also provide editing and retouching services for product images to help improve images and remove or alter backdrops.
- Our expert team at StaffCloud provides a complete suite of services to list and maintain your products in Amazon Seller Central and Vendor Central.